24.9.06

Off to the Nordeste

I am off on an 18-day journey to the Northeast of Brazil. I finish the first quarter's final exams on Wednesday and on Thursday I am taking a backpack, some sunscreen and flip flops and going solo to São Luis, a a four hour flight north. From there I'll go east and head through the Lencois Maranhenses National Park, which is supposed to have enormous sand dunes along the ocean and you can ride camels through it. The rest of the journey I'll do by bus, and stay mostly along to coast, passing through Fortaleza, Natal, João Pessoa, Recife, Maceió, Aracaju, and then end my trip on the 15th of October in Salvador de Bahia, from where I'll fly back to SP. This region of Brazil is supposed to have a lot of travelers year round, and the temperature is the same all year. It is supposed to be in the 90sF (30sC)and dry.

Check back after the 15th for pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get to ride a camel on the sand dunes?