16.12.06

An Evening at the Escola de Samba Vai-Vai

In early December, I finally got around to going to the Carnaval rehearsal that goes on every Sunday at the samba school, Escola de Samba Vai-Vai, located behind my house. Though I usually hear the festivities from my apartment, with very loud drumming that goes on until 11:30, it was great to finally go have a look. Despite the fact that Carnaval takes places in February or March, these rehearsals go on all year.



I went with my friend Gaetan and a French friend of his. The atmostphere was super charged, with every type of person there enjoying the party. From children to the elderly, samba is for everyone. It was expecially nice to see the older women dancing with big smiles on thier faces, enjoying each other's company and the crowd.





No comments: